Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bandsaw metrics

dadiOH wrote:
"Jeff Thies" wrote in message

And, how many old homes have trashed the plaster and
replaced with ****rock? Plaster has a feel, texture and
density that can't be replicated. And nobody has mold
problems with it as it has no cellulose.

But it (probably) has wood lath and wood rots. For that matter,
never seen mold on a block wall? I have,many times, no cellulose
there either.

To be fair - I've torn out a lot of plaster and lathe walls in upstate NY
and never once have I encountered rot. I know - now that I've said that
someone will point to a case in some abscure set of circumstances, that they
found it. My point is - it next to don't happen.

That said - I see nothing particularily endearing about plaster and lathe.
Why would someone want those almost close to kinda sort flat and smooth
walls when "****rock" does it much better? I personally don't care about
the density of plaster. But I do understand that some people just simply
like the older stuff. To me - that's preference thing and there is no real
argument in favor of plaster.

--

-Mike-