Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default Bandsaw metrics

"Larry Blanchard" wrote...
On Sun, 09 Feb 2014 16:44:52 -0500, dadiOH wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message

Perhaps they don't make them like they used to.

Unequivocally they do not, but that does not mean they are worse, just
with more features, and thereby more complicated, which indeed causes
its own set of problems.

Dang, I so miss that hand pump outside the back door

I remember some relatives back in the 1940s who were very proud of their
new indoor plumbing. The hand pump was in the kitchen :-).

My grandfather bought his farm with money earned in the shipyards during
WWII. He cut trees, peeled them and provided them to the electric company
so he could have electricity to the house. They installed the poles and ran
wire to his house. He then went to work wiring the house.

His first project? He wired the outhouse. That way he did not have to fire
up the kerosene lantern to use the facilities. The bathroom came a couple
years later. People traveled from miles around to witness this new, modern
wonder. Just imagine! An outhouse with an electric bulb burning just
inches from you head while you were using it. It was considered very modern
at the time.