Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Pulled the trigger on a Woodworker II

woodchucker wrote:
On 2/9/2014 8:40 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Ok - I just gotta get the conversation going on this, so that after
it arrives I can talk more about how it works.

I was ripping a slab of 8/4 walnut Saturday night and it was going
so-so. Took my blade out and put it in my sharpener and touched it
up. To be fair, my sharpener is probably best suited for circular
saw blades, and it's not likely at all that I'm getting the same
quality of job out of it that any standard sharpening service would
provide. But - I did it, and the blade did cut noticeably better. Only
takes about 20 minutes or so to sharpen a 60 tooth blade.

Still - it's the wrong blade, and it was still smoking up the garage
pretty good. The cuts were very smooth but there was some burning
on each cut. So - after threatening for god-knows-how-long to smash the
piggy
bank and buy a Woodworker II, I finally took the plunge. Ordered it
Saturday night from a site that Leon pointed me to. Shipping should
be very fast - they are located only 1/2 way across NY state from
me. Could possibly be here as early as Tuesday. I'm looking
forward to this thing. Leon tells me it's as good as sex, and I haven't
had that in so long
that I'm really looking forward to this thing arriving.

You won't regret it at all. 40 or 48 tooth?

Sorry - should have said that shouldn't I? 40 tooth.

--

-Mike-