Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Pulled the trigger on a Woodworker II

Mike Marlow wrote:
Ok - I just gotta get the conversation going on this, so that after it
arrives I can talk more about how it works.

I was ripping a slab of 8/4 walnut Saturday night and it was going so-so.
Took my blade out and put it in my sharpener and touched it up. To be fair,
my sharpener is probably best suited for circular saw blades, and it's not
likely at all that I'm getting the same quality of job out of it that any
standard sharpening service would provide. But - I did it, and the blade
did cut noticeably better. Only takes about 20 minutes or so to sharpen a
60 tooth blade.

Still - it's the wrong blade, and it was still smoking up the garage pretty
good. The cuts were very smooth but there was some burning on each cut.

So - after threatening for god-knows-how-long to smash the piggy bank and
buy a Woodworker II, I finally took the plunge. Ordered it Saturday night
from a site that Leon pointed me to. Shipping should be very fast - they
are located only 1/2 way across NY state from me. Could possibly be here as
early as Tuesday. I'm looking forward to this thing.

Leon tells me it's as good as sex, and I haven't had that in so long that
I'm really looking forward to this thing arriving.

I can't wait until you get it (the blade)! I'm planning to press the
buy button soon too.

Bill