Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default Bandsaw metrics

On 2/8/14 6:44 PM, G. Ross wrote:
The belt on my bandsaw is slipping. I have tightened it as far as the
motor will move already. I decided to take it and get a new belt. Now
the good part. The lower wheel will have to be removed. It is held on
the shaft by a 26mm nut. Can't use an adjustable wrench because the
wheel protrudes around the nut. Of all the sockets I have accumulated
in the past 50 years, there is no 26 mm socket. I either order a socket
to fit the nut or cut off the flange that surrounds it.

I ordered a socket. It is probably made in Taiwan like the bandsaw. Got
to love those far-thinking Chinese.

I always had good luck finding large sockets at the local auto part
chain store (Auto Zone). Prices are tolerable for something you may only
use once and it beats waiting for an order to arrive.
-BR