Posted to rec.woodworking
Jeff Thies[_2_] Jeff Thies[_2_] is offline

Default Bandsaw metrics

On 2/8/2014 8:44 PM, G. Ross wrote:
The belt on my bandsaw is slipping. I have tightened it as far as the
motor will move already. I decided to take it and get a new belt. Now
the good part. The lower wheel will have to be removed. It is held on
the shaft by a 26mm nut. Can't use an adjustable wrench because the
wheel protrudes around the nut. Of all the sockets I have accumulated
in the past 50 years, there is no 26 mm socket. I either order a socket
to fit the nut or cut off the flange that surrounds it.

A six point 1 1/8" might work (common), a 1 1/16" is closer but harder
to find. A 1" might be worth a try. Some of the impacts run a little large.

I needed a 16mm to remove a faucet a day ago. Every metric set I have
jumps from 15 to 17...

I've spent a lot of time lately in pawn shops looking through bins of
sockets, depressing...

Jeff

I ordered a socket. It is probably made in Taiwan like the bandsaw. Got
to love those far-thinking Chinese.