Posted to rec.woodworking
G. Ross G. Ross is offline

Default Bandsaw metrics

The belt on my bandsaw is slipping. I have tightened it as far as the
motor will move already. I decided to take it and get a new belt.
Now the good part. The lower wheel will have to be removed. It is
held on the shaft by a 26mm nut. Can't use an adjustable wrench
because the wheel protrudes around the nut. Of all the sockets I have
accumulated in the past 50 years, there is no 26 mm socket. I either
order a socket to fit the nut or cut off the flange that surrounds it.

I ordered a socket. It is probably made in Taiwan like the bandsaw.
Got to love those far-thinking Chinese.
--
 GW Ross

 If you keep an open mind, people will