Posted to alt.cellular.bluetooth,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default How to properly feed GPS navigation prompts into a bluetoothearpiece?

On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 20:11:55 -0600, Jim Rusling wrote:

Your bluetooth playback device has to support the A2DP functions. This
is for stereo and play controls. There are quite a few single earpiece
that will also handle A2DP.

I'm a little confused because I had not known anything about "A2DP".

Googling, "Advanced Audio Distribution Profile", I find this:
http://www.ebay.com/gds/What-is-A2DP...4035086/g.html

Which says there are two channels for bluetooth, one for phone, and,
essentially, the other for GPS.

That article kept using the word "profile", so, looking that up, I find:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

While this stuff is new to me, do I have this right yet?

Q: What do I need to get GPS voice over a bluetooth earpiece?
A: (tentative) Bluetooth 2.0 + A2DP ???

Is that what I should look for in an earpiece to get GPS voice?