Posted to alt.cellular.bluetooth,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
Jim Rusling Jim Rusling is offline

Default How to properly feed GPS navigation prompts into a bluetooth earpiece?

Danny D'Amico wrote:

Can someone explain how to force GPS navigation into my bluetooth earpiece?

I don't understand why BT GPS Naviation works for my bluetooth speaker,
but it doesn't work for my bluetooth earpiece.

Debugging on my Samsung Galaxy S3, I see something strange (to me):
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7402/1...35787e7b_o.png

What I found, is there are (apparently?) two different kinds of BT!
a) Motorola Roadster (*connected to phone and media audio*)
b) Samsung HM1300 (*connected to phone audio*)

Hmmmmmm......
Are there two *different* kinds of bluetooth audio (media & phone)?

If that is the problem, how do I get the right kind of GPS audio into my
bluetooth earpiece just like it does with my bluetooth visor speaker?

Your bluetooth playback device has to support the A2DP functions. This
is for stereo and play controls. There are quite a few single
earpiece that will also handle A2DP.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired