Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default More Actual Woodworking and another use for the Domino

On 2/7/2014 10:17 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in

And last, I hate trying to see my pencil marks. Typically I use that
day-glo orange masking tape to make my marks on. In this instance the
slight thickness of the tape throws the Domino off so I had to deal
with poor visibility.

I took a welding class once. The instructor was a big advocate of white
pencils. It showed up well on the metal and was much more precise than
other more conventional markers for metal. Since I knew a number of
artists and picked up art supplies for them from time to time, I just
grabbed a bunch of white pencils the next time I was at the art store.

You do have to keep them sharp. But white pencils have been my go to
marker for any kind of dark surface. As long as you are secure enough
in your masculinity to be seen in an art store, you won't have any
problem buying some white pencils.

Oh, I forgot, you have an artsy wife. She could get the white pencils
for you! ;-)

I borrowed her yellow pencil. LOL

Unfortunately her yellow dulled so quickly and so much that the 4
sharpenings that I gave them subtracted at least 2" from its length.

Do the white pencils have a harder material?

I was wondering if these with the yellow or white leads might hold up
better..

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=71121