Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default More Actual Woodworking and another use for the Domino

On 2/7/2014 9:23 AM, Leon wrote:
On 2/7/2014 8:06 AM, Swingman wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Damn handy. And this gets use just as much too.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...36,42945,32598

I can't think of a project in years that I have not reached for mine a
dozen times. Same with that long sliding ruler you gave me years back.

These fixed distance measuring devices really speed layouts up. Wait
till you get the hang of using the story stick. ;~)

But doesn't my combo square do the same thing?
I filed a round in the rule's ends recess, so I can keep a pencil for
layouts.

Or I can use the end to use a marking knife on the flat.

--
Jeff