Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default More Actual Woodworking and another use for the Domino

On 2/7/2014 2:47 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 22:07:32 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12353851794/
Actually I plan to to things in a certain way and the Domino just
happens to be the answer. I could have done this with a router but that
would have been complicated.

The through holes appear to be domino sized. How did you make the
wider insets for the screw heads? Were they two adjacent Domino
mortises?

The through holes are exact width 5mm mortises, directly on top, 10mm
exact width, plunged about 3/16" The domino was placed up and down,
sitting on its face, fence folded up. The bottom of the Domino was
indexed against a, clamped in place, strait edge. I used two pieces of
orange tape with a measured mark on each to align the straight edge both
for the 5mm and 10mm cuts. I made all of the 5mm mortises first.
Measurements not being critical I decided that replacing the fence for
each operation was probably less trouble than changing the bit out 16
times for both ends of of all 4 panels.