Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.freeware
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default How do I get Voice-to-Text back in my Android 4.3 for SMStexting?

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 22:04:56 +0000, Ben Ritchey wrote:

Check settings, language & input, mine works (v4.0.4) and is set to
default to Google keyboard, Google voice typing is set to automatic
...should place a microphone on keyboard when you tap input area!

I've hit every single button or option in Android 4.3 "Language & Input".

They moved it, in 4.3 to:
Settings-My Device-Language and input-Default-Google Keyboard

I even tried removing and adding "Google Keyboard", all to no avail.

Once Google Keyboard is selected in "Language and input", clicking
Google Keyboard-Settings-Voice input key=checked

There's nothing else about the audio or microphone input to the
keyboard.

I think my problem is that neither I, nor anyone else, knows how
audio works on Android. Something fundamental is missing or corrupt.