Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default 24 way connector

On 06/02/2014 22:15, fred wrote:

AFAIAA they have always had careful qualifications that they are not to
be used for mains interconnect and I am 100% sure that they do not meet
creepage and clearance requirements for mains connected equipment.

To earth or not to earth the shell? There's not enough C&C to meet class
II requirements and I'm not sure about making a D-type body and shell
safe at class I either.

Sorry to be offer only negatives without an alternative solution but the
split terminal block captive within a plastic enclosure may be the
safest way as the serviceable part could be attached to the front panel
and removed from the captive, mains connected cable termination.

Looks like opt A it is ....