Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default More Actual Woodworking and another use for the Domino

On 2/6/2014 7:03 PM, Leon wrote:

A few weeks ago I posted some pictures of the twin walnut curio cabinets
that I am building for a customer. The bottom cabinets are just about
complete.

The top, mostly glass, are shown here sitting on top of the lower
cabinets. There will be a solid wood panel between the bottom and top
cabinets and a solid walnut top on top of the top cabinets.

So far the only screws that are in these cabinets are a few holding the
bottom trim at the bottom cabinets.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12353391565/

Because the walnut panels that will separate the top and bottom cabinets
and cover the top cabinets are solid walnut I had to improvise for wood
movement. Not doing so would have meant that the attachment screws
would probably pull out or break. And their heads could not be above
the surface or bottom of the panels.

Another problem that the Festool Domino was instrumental in solving that
allows for the expansion of the solid walnut panels. The panels are
16.5" wide, 24" long

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/12353851794/

Word! ... you be a badass mofo woodworker, dog! LOL

heard on a recent Stupid Bowl commercial that failed the test

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net