Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.freeware
Ben Ritchey Ben Ritchey is offline

Default How do I get Voice-to-Text back in my Android 4.3 for SMS texting?

Danny D'Amico wrote:
All of a sudden, I lost the little microphone icon in my default SMS
text application on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 on Android 4.3.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7373/1...6d7946d1_o.png

This is an important omission, since I do offline speech-to-text
SMS text messages (I almost never use my fat fingers to text).

To get back that offline microphone app, I suspect I need to *install*
something, because it *was* there from the beginning - but now it's
(suddenly) gone!

But what free app do I download to get *back* that little microphone?

Check settings, language & input, mine works (v4.0.4) and is set to default
to Google keyboard, Google voice typing is set to automatic ...should place
a microphone on keyboard when you tap input area!
--
Ben aka cMech http://cmech.dynip.com