Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.freeware
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default How do I get Voice-to-Text back in my Android 4.3 for SMStexting?

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 18:41:08 +0000, Danny D'Amico wrote:

Maybe one of those will bring the microphone back.

None of these voice-to-text apps worked, so, something is missing:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5548/1...fe100b04_o.gif

Each app gave a different (but similar) error:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2835/1...9096ec75_o.png
- Sorry, you have no app for voice recognition.
- You have no app to recognize speech, sorry.
- Recognizer not present.
- Recognition service is not available.
- Not a system app. Illegal installation.
- Voice recognition is not installed.

Perhaps the most detailed error message was:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2827/1...f9023379_o.jpg
Runtime Error: No activity found to handle
intent {
act=android.speech.action.RECOGNIZE_SPEECH
(has extraqs)}

But, since "Google Search" *is* installed, what are these error
messages trying to tell me is actually missing?