Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT '96 Saturn DOHC won't start

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 12:26:57 -0800, wrote:

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 19:49:55 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
m:

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 10:01:59 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
6...
Larry Jaques wrote in
:

Hey, clare, don't you love the massive shotgunning this amateur has
done? Hundreds of dollars worth of parts replacement with
absolutely
-zero- satisfaction. g

I notice that you don't seem to have any more idea of what's wrong
than I do, so that comment
would seem to be somewhat out of place.

(You're in my twit file, Doug. I see your posts only when someone
quotes you. Ask Stryper for help, whydoncha?

I think it's past time that I put you in my twit-filter too, since you obviously have no clue how to
locate or fix the problem and hence have nothing to contribute beyond gratuitously
obnoxious remarks.

Perhaps you could suggest a better course of action than what I have
already described?

(You're already into it for more than a pro would have charged,

Really? So far, the total is only about $175. The tow to a shop, alone, would be 40% of that.

So you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

and a
pro would have a network of other -relevant- pros to fall back on for
advice when they came up empty. I'm certainly not saying that the
good folks here aren't knowledgeable, but I think clare is the only
-active- automotive font of knowledge here.

Clearly you aren't, at any rate.

But it's likely documented by Saturn dealers

*WHAT* Saturn dealers?

and could turn out to be
a $50 fix, or whatever their minimum is nowadays. I've been out of
the field since '86.)

No, you're not out of the field at all. You're still way out in left field.

Especially if you think you can get anybody to look at an engine for fifty bucks.

Idiot.

plonk

I think you'll find that Larry is out in -Right- field.

Correctamundo! giggle

--
The most powerful factors in the world are clear
ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will.