Posted to alt.home.repair
Josh[_5_] Josh[_5_] is offline

Default blind ATM operators

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 12:59:20 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 20:20:52 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Pic:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e6/ATMs_In_A_Van.jpg

They are used at events such as neighborhood arts and crafts fairs, art
festivals, three-on-three basketball tournaments, flea markets, church
carnivals, etc. Any place where there will be vendors with booths lining
neighborhood streets or set up in a field or parking lot.

I've not yet seen a portable ATM thus far.

I have a trailer like this one. Maybe I'll install an ATM with a sign that
says "Deposits only. All Banks Accepted"

http://www.rccenterprisesinc.com/ima...ileInside1.png

That should go over real well. g

My local corner store has an ATM that is not owned/operated by banks.
Perhaps an independent vendor. Cash withdrawals have a fee of $2.75
for the transaction. Then the bank will also charge a fee for an out
of network transaction. Double whammy.

Unless your bank is like mine (a reputable primarily online bank). Not
only does the bank not charge for the first 10 (I think; only hit it
once) ATM transactions, but they reimburse ATM surcharges --
automatically at the end of the month. I used a surcharging ATM in a
foreign country, and sure enough at the end of the month the odd US$
amount was reimbursed. I checked the exchange rate also; by far the
cheapest way to get the foreign currency or cash at the local
convenience store.

Josh