Posted to rec.woodworking

Default For those of you in the south that got heavy snow accumulations

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 14:23:20 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

wrote in message ...

They have thirty plows (or something like that) for a city of 4.5M. As
far as not knowing how to use it, well, if you only have a need for it
once every three to ten years, it's hard to remember (and keep the
equipment up).

The roads were ice, quite quickly. Salt would have fixed everything
but THERE IS NO SALT AND NOTHING TO SPREAD IT WITH.

There was an immediate and significant difference in the condition of the
roads when we crossed into Cobb County... they had been salted. Within the
city some main roads that had been salted. I've experienced sand, sand/salt
mix, salt, and brine applications over the years around here and there is a
difference... I'd find it very hard to believe that salt was not what they
spread... Some of the stores had applied a LOT of salt around their walks
and entries. The Perimeter and other major highways were not touched and
were parking lots...

I live on the SW side, where the snow/ice was heavier. There was
never any attempt to salt or sand anything (except perhaps a sand
wich, somewhere).

The Perimeter is a parking lot every afternoon.

The Monday Morning Quarterbacking in the press was amusing. I got to laugh
about the Atlanta storm and they got to laugh about NY politics. We all got
to laugh! ;~)

I love ATL politics, too. Loons, all. I particularly loved it when
they tried blaming the local meteorologist.