Posted to alt.home.repair
Lab Lover Lab Lover is offline

Default "Toilet fishing apparently banned at Sochi Olympics"

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 10:09:24 -0500, Pat wrote:

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 06:46:24 -0600, philo* wrote:

On 02/05/2014 06:30 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

You'd likely heard about the old late night joke about
"why does a drive up ATM have braille on the buttons?"

Do you really not know why?

It's just a joke, I am sure everyone here knows why.

For those who don't know why, the blind often have relatives or a taxi
drive them to ATMs. They want to operate the machine themselves
because, like everyone else, they want privacy and don't want others
to know their PINs and account information. So, they use a back
window to access the ATM or get out of the car and walk up to it.

Interesting, and all this time I took it as proof positive that many of the
drivers on the road really are as blind as clams.