Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT '96 Saturn DOHC won't start

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 01:31:01 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Feb 2014 23:00:22 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On 5 Feb 2014 05:23:52 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2014-02-05, Larry Jaques wrote:
On 5 Feb 2014 04:32:25 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

Yes, it has a Shrader valve. There's pressure in the rail, and when I open the valve, fuel
comes out, not air.

O.K. Then it is purged. Is it possible that the replacement
fuel injector is bad?

DoN, why would all 4 plugs get fouled if only one injector was bad?

Well ... it stopped running at all after the injector was
replaced -- so really more likely something happening to keep all the
injectors on -- say a short keeping power to all four?

While extremely unlikely, it is possible. Zebras v. horses.

On the Saturns..if you push the gas pedal down to the floor and hold
it there while starting..its supposed to turn the injectors OFF as
long as the pedal is held fully down while cranking.

That's an interesting data point. I hope I remember it.

--
The most powerful factors in the world are clear
ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will.