Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default For those of you in the south that got heavy snow accumulations

"basilisk" wrote in message

What most southerners could really benefit from is rudimentary
driving lessons, for instance yesterday there was a little over an inch
on the roads, it's cold enough that it is a dry blowing snow over some
pack ice on the roads. People drove in the ditches by the tens of
thousands. I don't understand it.

Last Wednesday morning one of those drivers got stuck on the railroad tracks
just north of Gainesville... the AMTRAK train I was on hit the car shortly
after the driver abandoned it. Net result was a tow truck was needed to
pull the car out of the front of the train and we had a 2 hour 20 minute
delay... I saw thousands of abandoned and trapped cars... 3-5 lane wide
parking lots that went on for mile after mile! Glad we skirted most of the
problems... ran into some closed roads though as so many cars were abandoned
that they were blocked to further traffic. Crazy!