Renata

Default Panel Saw seen beating crap out of Table Saw

Now, wait a minute. There are options aside from buying a planer and
jointer that will allow you to build something bigger than a breadbox.
Find yourself a decent lumber supplier, one who will surface the wood
for ya. Try woodfinder.com. Or even the phone book.

I've bought wood locally and mail order and haven't had any trouble
having the places doing the selling plane and joint the wood for but a
small extra charge.

Renata

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:05:45 -0700, Tim Douglass
wrote:

That's always my problem. Don't have jointer or planer at this time,
so I try to work with s4s, which means I can't afford to make anything
bigger than a breadbox. If I could afford the planer and jointer I
could buy cheaper rough lumber, but after buying the tools I wouldn't
have the dough to buy even rough-sawn. I could always go neander and
buy rough and surface it with a hand plane, but with the amount of
shop time I usually get that would mean I can only finish one project
a decade instead of my current one every 5 years....

Life is hard.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com