Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default OT Because this is funny and there is no woodworking at the moment

On 2/4/2014 2:58 PM, Leon wrote:
On 2/4/2014 12:41 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 2/4/2014 1:10 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 04 Feb 2014 11:53:28 -0600, Leon wrote:

This latest contestant is ****ing every one off because he knows how to
play to win vs. just knowing the answers. So far he is up over $100K.

My wife and I are long time Jeopardy watchers. We saw nothing
unusual in
his jumping around the board. He was a little quick on replies but we
remember others who did likewise.

He's gone now, so the tempest will blow over.

We only get upset when Jeopardy is usurped by some #$%^ sporting
event :-).

Remember what Hemingway said: "The only real sports are auto racing and
bullfighting - everything else is just exercise."

My wife and I are big fans of Jeopardy.
I didn't feel he was doing anything wrong.

He was doing nothing wrong according to the rules. He was however not
playing in the fashion that the producers and Alex would have preferred.

If you choose the big dollar questions first and get them right you can
miss more answers and still stay ahead. If you start at the bottom and
let the "excitement" build you have to answer more answers to win $1000.

So if all of the contestants know all of the questions to the answers,
the contestant that starts with the $1000 answer and goes down will get
a commanding lead if he is quick to push the buzzer.

And that is actually a smart way to play. I always wondered why more
people didn't do that. Especially when behind.

--
Jeff