Charlie Self

Default Panel Saw seen beating crap out of Table Saw - Except for Mitres and Diagonals?

Lobby Dosser writes:

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message

Running a 4'x8' sheet of plywood through a table saw at a 45 degree
angle sounds pretty dangerous. But then, running it through straight
calls for serious concentration.

Not at all if it's done properly. A simple angle guide and proper
placement of an outfeed table makes it very simple. But, forget about
the 4x8 sheet. What about simple mitres on smaller stock? As far as
I've seen, a panel saw is not capable of such cuts.

Don't know why not. Just calls for a different design than the norm. You'd
have to clamp the stock to a variable angle tray.

Point being, you cannot do it NOW on a panel saw, and not on any I've ever
seen. It requies a modified outfeed table on a table saw, that can still be
used for other things, but adding a variable angle tray to a panel saw, and
making it removable, might be quite interesting. But it still won't beat the
crap out of a table saw.

Charlie Self
"I think the most un-American thing you can say is, 'You can't say that.'"
Garrison Keillor