Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Del Rosso[_4_] Tom Del Rosso[_4_] is offline

Default 1kw Laser Cleaning Gun Too Cool For Words

Joe Gwinn wrote:
In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/n83bc5q

ME WANT!

They show a guy in ordinary clothes using this. I bet that he has a
helmet on, so he isn't blinded by the first focused glint.

Sunlight is about a kilowatt per square meter. If the actual beam is
a millimeter by a millimeter, the power density is a million to one
over sunlight.

And that cleaning beam can probably cut fingers off. Or clean to the
bone, at least at first.

And the laser is not in that handheld thing, which must be fed by a
big fiber bundle.

That would make cutting the cable very dangerous.

I wonder if it can clean my oven and stovetop.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing, add a zero and remove the last word.