Mark & Juanita

Default *Putting* water in your DC collection bin?

On 23 Jul 2004 00:16:19 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On 22 Jul 2004 17:09:17 -0700, Joe Emenaker wrote:

But what if I had a cyclone which emptied into a bin with a little
water in it? The water would catch all/most of those sparks.

...until the sawdust and woodchips wicked it all up.

So, I figured I'd ask: Does anybody out there *do* this?
Alternatively, has this been discussed before?

I used to have an old Allis Chalmers tractor that had a glass jar
as part of the air filtering mechanism, maybe was supposed to be
filled with (what?) to catch things going by, but I think the water
would rapidly turn into slightly moist sawdust and a hard cake.

On your tractor, that glass jar was supposed to be filled with ....
air. The use of glass jars as dust traps was a simple, easily replaceable
mechanism for filtering air prior to the engine intake. It may also have
had an adjunct oil-bath air cleaner that used oil to further trap
particles.