Posted to rec.woodworking
Meanie[_4_] Meanie[_4_] is offline

Default Woodworking Show

On Monday, February 3, 2014 3:22:37 PM UTC-8, SBH wrote:
The show is finally coming to my area in two weeks. Though, I can

imagine things my vary from show to show (city to city), but overall, is

it worth it to go?

If you haven't been before it is probably worth a visit. It is a bit pricey (to some) I dunno maybe $15 or something. But not way out of line. Just be careful, some venues have like $20 parking also.

You will see several big companies sort of like a traveling woodcraft (Peachtree) and they usually have a few good deals. Maybe a few vendors like Delta or Steel City but not like at AWFS or something. Maybe see a few of the invention guys with weird lathe attachments or cool cross cut sleds and clamps, etc. Look for what "seminars" are offered and sometimes you can get some good info on a finish technique or router tips. Probably worth more than seeing the booths if you get a few good ones.

Never seen one that would take me more than 2 hours to be done unless the seminars were good.

I received a WoodWorking flier/brochure in the mail which listed
sponsors such as Bosch, Powermatic, Jet, Lee Valley. Also stated
instructors as Jim Heavy, Andy Chidwick, Roland Johnson. Don't know any
of them...lol.

The costis $10 but if I show the flyer, it's $2 off. Parking is $5 at
the venue. It's where many big shows take place.