Larry Jaques

Default Vacuum dust coll. system

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:39:11 -0500, "Greg O" calmly
ranted:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:08:25 -0500, "Greg O" calmly
ranted:

30 micron filtration is better than no filtration at all. You can buy

lower
micron bags to fit.

Not if it gives you a false sense of security. You
can end up doing more damage thinking you're safe.

So it is better to just blow the dust all over the shop than catching the

What part of the "not if" clause did you miss, Greg?

majority of it? Many people would not have dust collection at all if they
HAD to have .5 micron collection abilities. Most wood workers I know just
let the dust fly, no collection, no dust masks.
I feel a bunch better with my 30 micron bags than no dust collector at all!

Of course you do, and because of that, you're breathing in much
more of the fine dust that it doesn't catch because you THINK
it's safer.

The air is cleaner with my 30 micron bags than with nothing. Sure, some of
the small, gonna get you later dust is still in the air, but in much smaller
amounts than before.

Yes, the air is cleaner with the DC, but it's not at all _safer_.
Do what you want, but please don't fool yourself.

ALL of the finer dust is still in the air and you can prove it to
yourself with some talc. Wait until the shop is filled with good
bright sunlight and turn the dust collector on. Toss a handful of
talc, powdered sugar, or cornstarch into it and see the results in
the sunshine. The entire room will fill with little white floaties.

So, the best of luck to you. Life is hell with bad lungs.

-
The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.
http://diversify.com Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases