Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default Harmon Kardon MS-150 ...

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 02:25:36 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message ...

No, I haven't. There's a limit to the amount of time that I'm prepared to
spend on this consumer junk, governed entirely by the law of diminishing
returns. To be honest, if getting inside it involves removing glued-on
trims, then I am not interested beyond the point that I have now reached.

To put it a bit more bluntly... Is it not reasonable to assume that a
product that's glued together is not intended to be repaired?

If something is genuinely glued together, then it gets little more than a
cursory look if it crosses my bench. However, this one was slightly
different from that in that it had lots of obvious screws holding the case
halves together, and when these were removed, it was 'almost' coming apart
in the way that you would expect, but something else, right in the middle,
was still preventing it from coming all the way. I'm sure that a bit of
brute force and ignorance would have seen it apart, but it's a fancy
expensive-looking (and probably /actually/ expensive) item, and I was
concerned that something visible might 'give', leaving nasty damage ...

Arfa

Sounds like a screw hidden under a label or sticker.

?-)