Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 1kw Laser Cleaning Gun Too Cool For Words

On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 08:37:04 -0600, Ignoramus23944

On 2014-02-01, Larry Jaques wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/n83bc5q

ME WANT!

Looks great. I keep wondering how it works exactly, why does it remove
paint and dirt, but not underlaying material.

Yes, it probably explodes any moisture in the paint and dirt, helping
to erase it. It looks like it strobes the light in a pattern similar
to a paint spray gun, so it doesn't just burn through any given place.
I'd be willing to bet it takes awhile to get used to using it on
different substrates. It sure beats chem dips, though, doesn't it?

--
I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during
my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty.

Too bad -none- of the current CONgresscritters are willing to do that. -LJ