Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gluing Composite Material

System3

http://www.systemthree.com/

"Sonny" wrote:

I have 3 broken Queen Ann ball & claw stool legs to repair. The legs
are made of some sort of composite material. What is needed to glue
these back together, epoxy or something else.

I'll likely drill new holes in the tops of the legs, for attaching
to the wooden seat frame, but I'd like to glue the upper "corner"
broken pieces, where the original attaching screws are located, back
together for more structural support of the legs.

I don't know what should be used for gluing composite material and I
don't know what kind of composite material this is.

Straight epoxy and fairing putty made with epoxy thickened with
microballoons
would be my choices based on having mixed large quantities of each.

Contact System3 and talk to their tech guys (They are GOOD) and get
their input.

http://www.systemthree.com/

They have an 800# if you need it.

BTW, thickened epoxy can be used to replace chipped out pieces and
improve
strength significantly.

Have fun.

Lew