Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_3_] John B.[_3_] is offline

Default Dead Soft annealing of cartridges...

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 21:38:38 -0600, Richard
wrote:

On 1/30/2014 7:25 PM, John B. wrote:
I was quite a few years ago when I was annealing case necks but
everyone was recommending the same technique - stand in a cookie pan
of water, heat until the case neck changes color, tip it over. I did
it that way and the necks never cracked.

Not that long ago I read up on the technique on the Web and damned it
is hasn't become a science with temperature sensors and everything.
But I keep remembering.... my necks never cracked :-)
Nor I with the .240. I guess complicated doesn't mean better.
It often seems like things are made to sell just to have something to sell.
Doesn't matter if the commercial product is more complicated than needs be.
People just don't seem to be able to _make_ things for themselves any more.

When you think about it, Everything that is made, is made to sell. :-)

My first thought was ,"Of course".

But that's not really true.

Some things are made because we want to use them..

Some are made to be gifts.

And some things should never have been made at all!

Picky, picky :-)

But o.k., made for a purpose, some to sell and some to use (so we
don't have to buy them :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.