Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Crazy? (now off topic)

Swingman wrote:
On 1/30/2014 12:04 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

That is one of the top of the list guns for me right now. I'm a
Ruger guy. They are a great company and build great guns. The SR40C
keeps sticking its head over the top of the list...

(For some reason I did not see "Just Wondering"'s post?)

One of my sisters carries the Ruger SR40C and loves it. I fired it few
times and personally was just not comfortable with the trigger
safety/firing pin block, and don't know if I could ever be with it
for a ccw.

I'm just not a fan of striker fired pistols for my use. If I was
younger I would probably join the Glock crowd, but, being 1911
trained, I want either a DA wheel gun for ccw (my S&W Model 38); or a
1911 type action I can carry cocked and locked and be able to rely on
years of muscle memory/combat training instinct behind it. AAMOF,
I've looked at the Springfield EMP in .40S&W for that very reason,
but have still not decided to change from the old DA Bodyguard.

Isn't it weird how that works - such different guns, yet some just feel
better for some, and others feel better for the rest. I guess it's like you
said in part - what you're used to. Since my .41Mag is a wheel guy, I've
pretty well resigned myself to adapting to a different feel. I'm fine with
that. I've shot my son's S&W .40S&W and I just could not get over the
difference in the feel of firning the two guns. But - I wasn't opposed to
his gun - just simply realized that I was very conscience of the difference.

--

-Mike-