Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default For those of you in the south that got heavy snow accumulations

On 1/30/2014 11:46 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/30/2014 10:42 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:

Yep, go figure. Since southerners obviously don't know understand ice
and snow, one of our 'winter Texans'/"snowbirds" from the NE was
tasked with that job. You know, one of those who collect unemployment
in NJ in the winter, while coming down here to work until it warms up
enough to go back. Unfortunately, he skidded off the road when it
rained here a couple of winters back and is currently collecting both
disability and unemployment.

Wait a minute - you guys don't really have snowbirds, do you? I thought
that everyone who migrated down to Texas simply stayed there.

Hopefully not. You know what Ol' Mammy sez: mixing a dog turd in with
your ice cream doesn't make for a new and improved dog turd.

As for the displaced NJ employee - well hell - of course! These guys
know
how to work those systems. Disability is listed as a professional
skill on
their resumes.

For a hangnail?!

You actually must be talking about the 24 year old cop who is collecting
disablity for life for a staple wound.

Ridiculous.

It does screw up the really hurt people. My BIL got hurt on the job, he
was a Capt. Fireman in Jersey City. The city denied benefits. They
parked a guy out at his house for about 8mos. They claimed he was faking.

The judge appointed a neutral doctor.. the doctor confirmed that many
vertabrae were damaged and many disks were compressed. JC still offered
him only 40% of the normal disablity benefits. Then they refused to pay.
He had 3 or 4 surgeries so far, and is on a morphine drip (perm
machine inserted into him).

Then you have some idiot who collects with a staple wound. He was on
the radio, and he was told to put in for it by people in the state.

--
Jeff