Posted to rec.woodworking

Default For those of you in the south that got heavy snow accumulations

wrote:

I had a near miss in Flagstaff, AZ one day when a couple of feet of
snow slid off a metal roof just as I stepped out of the way. I had a
blessed day!

No Kidding Man! That's one of the bigger issues with metal. Those cute
little snow stops are about useless - ask anyone who has shared your
experience. Plus - if you do have to get up on that roof (say to... oh,...
maybe clean a chimney...), wel, you can imagine...

No roof offers a total and complete worry free solution. Each one has it
drawbacks and it's positives. I submitt that since the world of roofing is
so inconclusive, we just do away with roofs completely!...

--

-Mike-