Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] carstainsby@gmail.com is offline

Default Noisy combi boiler? (Ideal Logic 24)

On Thursday, November 15, 2012 1:20:51 PM UTC, Phil K wrote:
I just had an Ideal Logic 24 combi boiler installed in the ground floor

coat cupboard of my 3-bed semi. It's all working properly, but it sounds

quite noisy from within upstairs rooms. Surprisingly, if you stand right

outside the boiler cupboard, it sounds very quiet - even if the cupboard

door is open. From upstairs, it sounds like a Boeing 747 just prior to

takeoff. I guess it must be sending its sound waves directly upwards rather

than outwards. Or could the sound be the actual copper pipework resonating?

I've been thinking about installing some kind of soundproof ceiling in the

cupboard. Or is there some other remedy I should try first?

TIA

PK

Hi
I had one of these boilers fitted last September only realised when the winter months arrived how noisy it is. I described it exactly as you did quiet enough at the boiler but sounds like a plane taking off throughout the house. The noise goes on for hours and is driving me mad, I had someone come out but he just said they fit the boiler not my system and it is the power of the boiler causing this throughout the system. I said I'll have to learn to live with it but I can't. It was put in through the government scheme so I feel I should not complain, but I am 68 and wish I still had my old boiler.