Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Drones: First arrest and conviction of a farmer

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 18:02:36 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/29/2014 5:32 PM, Oren wrote:
Lakota, N.D.

"...The unusual case attracted wide attention because Nelson County
Sheriff Kelly Janke took up the U.S. Border Patrol's offer of live
video surveillance from a large drone of Brossart's three sons before
arresting them at their farm southeast of Lakota the day after he was
arrested."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/lakota-nd-farmer-sentenced-6-months-terrorizing-case

From what I read in the story, these were folks who
didn't get along well with the neighbors or the law.
The law finally pushed a bit harder in response to
the defiance. How many people do we know who carry
firearms while resisting law enforcement?

I agree that confronting LEO is insidious. It could have turned in
another Waco event or a Ruby Ridge incident.

Missing in the story is that drones are controlled by the CIA and the
military. My interest is _why_ did DHS authorize the drone
surveillance in the first place? Who authorized it. This is a matter
for local law enforcement; not a drone from the government over some
cattle rustling or perceived theft.

Recall when POTUS got involved with local LEO about the professor on
his front porch, entering his house, and was arrested? POTUS over
stepped his bound? Turned into the "beer summit".