Posted to rec.woodworking

Default For those of you in the south that got heavy snow accumulations

My guy in Bufallo had his office in his house.

At least twice a year his wife would call in and tell us Jim was
shoveling
off the roof after a storm not only to keep ice dams from forming but
also
to reduce the snow load on the roof.

Every time we got that call could just visualize Jim loosing his
balance
and sliding off the roof.

Never happened, but still didn't keep me from sweating the operation
out
until Jim got back in the house and off the roof.

Housing codes vary all over the country.

You can use an asphalt shingle roof in the North East & Midwest, but
they
are about as useful as tits on a boar hog in the desert SW where tile
does
a better job.

Different horses for different courses.

Lew