Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default For those of you in the south that got heavy snow accumulations

On 1/29/2014 3:59 PM, wrote:

I tell people that the "shoulder is your friend" but here there are
many places there is no shoulder, only a 20' drop to the woods below.

That's the problem w/ large portions east of the Mississippi...we're
flat (a hill means can't see most all of a passenger car coming, a "big"
hill means the combine instead ). There's a nice bar ditch along
that stretch of highway but narrow shoulders; fortunately it is 3-lane
paved and the other guy was under control enough give me enough
clearance to get across the turn before he got there---he could also see
what was happening and waved me across when he saw me hesitate for the
frac I wasn't sure which to try...

The really irritating part is the out-of-control guy was nearly a full
half-mile away when I got on in front of him just leaving the light at
the intersection where the two highways cross. I turned my signal
blinker on while he still had most of that left to modulate with
probably 3/8-ths of a mile to go to let him know to time his arrival
appropriately. He _still_ hammered it and was over the posted dry-
condition 45 mph limit by the time he was nearing I'm sure...not all
"pros" are (or at least in any way other than the pay).