Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New assesments came out

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:41:31 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 1/29/2014 3:22 PM, wrote:
Ah, here we have the sticking point. The government expenditures*are*
voted on by either the people or the representatives. Taxation is
simply the means to balance the sheet. If they vote for the expense,
the tax is guaranteed.

The "sticking point" is government waste and boondoggling.

Again, another subject that we are in violent agreement on. ;-)

Expenditures ALWAYS rise to meet revenue, whether necessary or not. Give
the *******s an opportunity to have more revenue to play with, the
opportunity will be taken, and play with it they will.

The point is that they have to vote on expenditures. You are being
represented. If your neighbors are too stupid to see anything other
than their tax bill once a year, well...

....they are.