Upscale

Default Panel Saw seen beating crap out of Table Saw - Except for Mitres and Diagonals?

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
Here's a plan: http://store.yahoo.com/plansnow/panelcutguide.html

For all the benefits a panel saw might supply, I have yet to see an
affordable one or a build-your-own model that can cut diagonals. Same for
mitres? There must other cuts that a panel saw can't do that a table saw
can. I suppose one could work around it by clamping sheet goods on an angle,
but it would be a pain to readjust for incremental cuts to sneak up on a
cutting line and pretty well impossible for cutting a 90° slice off the
middle of a 4'x8' sheet.

And yes, you can add a chop saw or something similar to do things like
mitres, but doesn't that defeat some of the biggest proponents for a panel
saw, the saving of space and money?