Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Yes, more ideas

Bill wrote:
Greg Guarino wrote:
I'm still musing on how to build several things for the living room.
I think I'm mostly settled on the end tables, but I've just drawn
what must be at least the sixth permutation of a set of shelves for
cookbooks. I guess that's what Sketchup is for, right? Drawing six
times as many things as you'll actually build?

Yes, 6 iterations is good. Be glad you didn't spend your time and
materials on the first 5. By now, you figured out what you want.

What is the point of being able to see through the sides and back? Maybe
it depends on where you put them? If you put them against a wall, do
you want to see the wall behind the books when you look into the
cabinet? I think half of the point of a cabinet is to hide stuff--to
abstract it away to reduce clutter. For instance I don't understand why
people build TV stands with see-through panels on the sides. YMMV.

Bill