Posted to alt.home.repair

Default #14 Romex To Light From #12/20-amp?

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 22:26:43 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Sunday, January 26, 2014 3:30:53 PM UTC-8, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 1/26/14 10:06 AM, Harry K wrote:
NEC code does not even address anything about WHO wires it. Ever hear
about getting wiring inspected when selling a house? Violations
don't pass no matter who screwed it up.

Harry K

The state of Nebraska does though. A homeowner can wire his own
stuff. I don't think I could even wire a neighbor's house for free
since I don't have a residential license. One can't wire for profit
without an appropriate license at least in theory.

AFAIK _anyone_ can do their own wiring in any state. That they are allowed to do it doesn not speak to doing it right or wrong though.

Not true. There is nothing that says that licensed electricians do it
right, either. I've cleaned up some real messes in my houses, along
the way.

Inspections aren't required in many areas unless one is replacing
the service.

And when you sell the house, anyone buying without an inspection is a fool.

So you demand to see a CO for every outlet? That must get
interesting.

There is reciprocity among several states surrounding Nebraska for
licensing.

Again doesn't address the point about NEC code requirements.

???