Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New assesments came out

"woodchucker" wrote:

Well we got our new assesment in.

My house went down by 7%.
My neighbors went down by 14%.
I have no upgrades.
They put in a new kitchen, 2.5 baths were redone, new deck, new
patio, new walkway.

My house is 1000 sq less then theirs. We have a small house, they
have 1 more bedroom and much bigger rooms.

Their house is now valued less than ours by 5k. I just got off with
the assessor, and they feel everything is correct.
I have 2 baths really 1.75 baths as one has a shower only.
The last assesment their house was priced 20k higher than ours..
which I still felt was low due to the 1000sq feet and extra 1/2
bath.. Now with all the new stuff, how can their house be less than
mine.

Talking with the company that did the inspections they feel there is
nothing wrong with the numbers... You have to wonder how these
idiots get their values reversed and say that there is nothing
wrong.
It's going to cost me to challenge my assesment.

Your assessment went down 7%.

Are you unhappy with that reduction?

Sounds like you might be a little jealous of your neighbors apparent
good
fortune with the tax man.

Lew