Posted to rec.woodworking
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default bandsaws - grizzly or jet

In article ,
xxxx wrote:

Yeah -- I've done the web search / investigation. Wanted to know what the
community opinion was. I'm looking for a bandsaw that's capable of resawing
a min of 10". I only have 120. Current Jet pricing is confusing (besides
pretty expensive).

New 14" JWBS-14sf 13.5" resaw, resaw fence, 1900
16" jwbs-16B 10" resaw 1429
18" jwbs-18qt 12.25" resaw 1785

seems like the 18 should be more than the 16 and why is the 14" so pricy?

For Grizzy I'm looking at a 2hp motor that's 110 capable. They have a
handful of choices also

You would have to rewire the BS to run it on 110, and then it would
take a 25 amp service and a 10 gauge cord

g0457 10" resaw 995
g0513 12" resaw 895 Why cheaper?

Check the differences between the fence on the 457 and the 513. I have
the 457 and that fence is really good. If you are really needed a resaw
that fence would be a good option

g0513x2 12" resaw 1095
g0513x2b 12" resaw 1295
g0513x2f 12" resaw 1250

I think Jet has almost priced themselves out or the running, unless there's
a really really good reason to go with them.
Recommendations pro or con are welcomed.
Thx

Where I live (the greater Seattle area) we have a choice between going
to the Griz headquarters in Bellingham and Equipment Sales and Surplus
(which is across the road from Jet/PM headquarters and sells the
return/refurbished units)
If you can wait, this results in great deals, if you can't Griz is
always there.
I didn't wait on the BS and for the 457, I did on the wife's lathe
(1221) and saved about 40% (we went on a waiting list and it took about
4 months)

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv