Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default bandsaws - grizzly or jet

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 01:00:16 GMT, xxxx
wrote:

Yeah -- I've done the web search / investigation. Wanted to know what the
community opinion was. I'm looking for a bandsaw that's capable of resawing
a min of 10". I only have 120. Current Jet pricing is confusing (besides
pretty expensive).

New 14" JWBS-14sf 13.5" resaw, resaw fence, 1900
16" jwbs-16B 10" resaw 1429
18" jwbs-18qt 12.25" resaw 1785

seems like the 18 should be more than the 16 and why is the 14" so pricy?

Normally, you'd expect that. Perhaps the smaller saws have a heavier
cast frame versus a steel welded frame. or better table, base, etc.
Have you been able to actually look at the details? In that price
range, I'd look at some of the other brands too.