Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sometimes we're just a genius...

That sounds good - and so does a thick inter tube for a bicycle or car/....

Longwise along the blade a long fold that folds over - making for a
sheath. Tie wrap or tie cord. A little sloppy is ok. Cover the
whole blade as this keeps it in place easier. As blade to blade
becomes several thicknesses between each other.

Sliding cuts can occur. But most of the time it bounces back.

Martin

On 1/26/2014 8:39 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:lc3q4e$tud$1
@dont-email.me:

Ooops - meant to say the plastic clips that hold the liner to the wall.

Ah! I was wondering how thin vinyl would offer any protection against a
sharp cutting edge.

My sister made some using the webbing that they use on duffle bags and
other straps. They're holding up great, and have a bit of material on the
top to tie the guard to the chisel.

Puckdropper