Posted to rec.woodworking

Default eWoodShop - Bath Remodel 2014

Leon wrote:

How cold do you let it get inside??

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

Woke up one morning and the fuel oil had run out. It was 52F in the
house. The wood stove had been banked down for the night and it had
plenty of coals to get a new fire going, but it wasn't prepared to
cope with those temperatures all by itself at the night time
setting. We keep our boiler thermostats set on 62F and let the wood
stove take care of the rest of the heat. Generally speaking it does
a pretty good job at that. Our house can stay in the mid 70's that
way. If we crank the stove we can get it to almost 80F. But - at
night it gets banked down and we usually expect to get up to a house
that is no colder than mid to upper 60's. In this cold snap it's
important to regulate heat where you want it and where you don't by
closing doors to upper rooms, and/or opening doors to lower rooms.
Leave a first floor bathroom door closed in these temps and I can
assure you it will get cold enough to make you wish you hadn't.

Reading the above reminds me of just how fortunate I was to escape to
SoCal.

Feel sorry for you folks over the hill from SoCal.

Just glad I don't have to experience that kind of weather any more.

Still haven't broken out a jacket this season.

Temps only reached mid 70s today, just the Santana's (Devil winds),
but no rain.

Lew